Skip to content
Wednesday, May 20
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>New Orleans Attack: Death Toll Rises To 15 As FBI Probes ISIS Angle
World

New Orleans Attack: Death Toll Rises To 15 As FBI Probes ISIS Angle

international media news
January 3, 2025 106 Views0

 The death toll in the New Orleans attack has now risen to 15 after a car rammed into a crowd on Bourbon Street in the early hours of Wednesday (US local time). New Orleans rang in the new year with a tragedy as a man drove a pickup truck into crowds of revellers. Dozens of people were also injured in the horrifying attack near the iconic Bourbon Street. Authorities are now investigating potential ties between the suspect, a 42-year-old Army veteran from Texas, and the Islamic State terrorist group.

 

In an official statement, New Orleans Coroner Dwight McKenna said, “As of now, 15 people are deceased. It will take several days to perform all autopsies. Once we complete the autopsies and talk with the next of kin, we will release the identifications of the victims,” as quoted by news agency ANI. In the statement, McKenna informed that the New Orleans Police Department is closely working with the FBI and Homeland Security in investigating this attack.

 
 

Earlier, the FBI dubbed the attack as “an act of terrorism” and revealed that the driver, Shamsud Din Jabbar, had an ISIS flag and multiple suspected explosive devices in his vehicle. The FBI further stated that the vehicle was rented from a car-rental platform called Turo.

Moreover, the FBI had previously stated that it does not believe Shamsud Din Jabbar, the driver who carried out the New Orleans attack, was “solely responsible” for the “act of terrorism.” Alethea Duncan, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s New Orleans field office, said the investigation is “aggressively running down every lead, including those concerning Jabbar’s known associates.”

“That’s why we need the public’s help. We’re asking if anybody has had any interactions with Shamsud Din Jabbar in the last 72 hours to contact us,” she said during a news conference. “The FBI is asking for the public’s help. We’re asking anyone who has information, videos, or pictures to provide it to the FBI,” she added. Duncan also mentioned that an ISIS flag was found on the trailer hitch of the vehicle used by Jabbar. The FBI is working to determine Jabbar’s “potential associations and affiliations with terrorist organizations,” she said.

 

The FBI has identified Shamsud Din Jabbar as a US citizen from Texas, and officials confirmed he had previously served in the U.S. military, according to a CNN report. In a statement on X, the FBI wrote, “This morning, an individual drove a car into a crowd of people on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, killing a number of people and injuring dozens of others. The subject then engaged with local law enforcement and is now deceased. The FBI is the lead investigative agency, and we are working with our partners to investigate this as an act of terrorism.”

Share:

Previous Post

Vehicle Retail Sales Up 9% In India To Cross 26 Million Units In 2024

Next Post

Sangeeta Bijlani Accuses Salman Khan Of Restricting Her In The Relationship? Says, “I Was Not Allowed…’

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran
  • ‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash
  • Supreme Court allows Euthanasia of rabid and aggressive stray dogs
  • ‘Bastar is now Naxal-free’: HM Amit Shah on Naxalism in Chhattisgarh
  • Amul celebrates Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Kartavya’ with ‘Buttervya’ topical!

Latest News

Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran

international media news
May 20, 2026

US President Donald Trump has said he is putting a planned military strike on Iran on hold after dir

‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash

international media news
May 20, 2026

Supreme Court allows Euthanasia of rabid and aggressive stray dogs

international media news
May 20, 2026

‘Bastar is now Naxal-free’: HM Amit Shah on Naxalism in Chhattisgarh

international media news
May 20, 2026

Latest News

Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran

international media news
May 20, 2026

‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash

international media news
May 20, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News