Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Israeli Military Admits Likely Role In Killing Of 3 Hostages In Gaza Airstrike
World

Israeli Military Admits Likely Role In Killing Of 3 Hostages In Gaza Airstrike

international media news
September 17, 2024 68 Views0

The Israeli military has said that three hostages, found dead in a Gaza tunnel months ago, were “in a high probability” mistakenly killed by the military during a November operation targeting a senior Hamas commander. The military’s statement on Sunday, announcing the completion of an investigation into the deaths of Corporal Nik Beizer, Sergeant Ron Sherman, and Elia Toledano, concluded that the three were likely killed in an Israeli airstrike aimed at assassinating Hamas Northern Brigade commander Ahmed Ghandour on November 10, 2023.

 

The findings were based on the location of the bodies relative to the strike’s impact, performance analysis of the airstrike, intelligence findings, pathological reports, and conclusions from the Israeli Forensic Medicine Institute, Xinhua news agency reported. The three hostages were believed to have been held in the tunnel complex used by Ghandour.

 
 

“At the time of the strike, the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) did not have information about the presence of hostages in the targeted compound,” the military said. “Furthermore, there was information suggesting that they were located elsewhere, and thus the area was not designated as one with suspected presence of hostages.”

The military emphasised that, since the war began on October 7, 2023, it has avoided striking areas suspected of containing hostages. “The IDF operates a mechanism through the Headquarters of the Hostages and Missing Persons in the Intelligence Directorate, aimed at ensuring that offensive actions do not harm hostages wherever possible, and invests significant efforts in gathering information about the hostages,” the military added.

The findings are expected to further intensify nationwide protests demanding the release of nearly 101 individuals still being held by Hamas in Gaza. Families of the hostages are calling for a ceasefire agreement that would secure their release. The IDF said this month that it found the bodies of six hostages killed by Hamas and returned them to Israel.

 

An estimated 250 people were abducted and were hostage in the Gaza Strip. More than 100 were released during a short-lived cease-fire agreement at the end of November before the deal to pause hostilities fell apart. Since then, some hostages were either rescued or found dead by the military. 

Share:

Previous Post

Adani Group Vehemently Denies Fake Press Releases Related To Its Presence In Kenya

Next Post

‘Don’t Want To Feel Left Out’: Throwback To When Alia Bhatt Talked About Changing Her Name To Kapoor Before Raha’s Birth

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News