Skip to content
Friday, May 22
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>India-China Troops Exchange Sweets On Diwali At LAC As Disengagement Process Nears End
India

India-China Troops Exchange Sweets On Diwali At LAC As Disengagement Process Nears End

international media news
November 1, 2024 121 Views0

As India celebrates Diwali, Indian and Chinese troops  exchanged sweets at several border posts along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh to mark the festival of lights. The latest development comes after the two neighbouring countries undertook the disengagement process at the LAC in the union territory. 

 

Briefing about the disengagement process, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said during an event in Arunachal Pradesh that it was near completion. Indian and Chinese armies exchanged sweets at several border points along the LAC on Diwali, news agency IANS reported, citing Defence Ministry sources.

 
 

The disengagement process between India and China on LAC in Eastern Ladakh was almost to be completed, after which the armies of the two nations have initiated verification of positions and dismantling of infrastructure by each other, the defence sources told IANS.

The sources further stated that the dismantling of temporary structures in Depsang Plains and Demchok is complete and the verification process is taking place almost at all such locations on the two sides.

 

The verification process was being done physically as well as using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

Troops on both sides have been withdrawn to be stationed at depth in the rear locations as part of the disengagement process. The patrolling, which will be undertaken to points hitherto inaccessible since April 2020, will be done by small parties of troops numbering around 10 to 15 soldiers.

India and China have been locked in a military standoff along the LAC in eastern Ladakh following Chinese incursions over four and a half years ago.

Last week, four days after New Delhi made an announcement that an agreement on patrolling in the Depsang Plains and Demchok had been reached with China, Beijing affirmed the same, saying that “the Chinese and Indian frontier troops are engaged in relevant work, which is going smoothly at the moment.”

Following the completion of the verification process, the coordinated patrolling will begin within the next two days. Prior information will be given by both sides so that there is no danger of a face-off, IANS reported, citing army sources.

In the Depsang plains, Indian troops will now be able to patrol beyond the ‘bottleneck’ area, as the Chinese had been preventing Indian troops from accessing the patrolling points that lay beyond.

In Demchok, Indian troops should now be able to get to the patrolling points at Track Junction and Charding Nullah. However, the large number of Indian troops rushed to Ladakh after the standoff in 2020 will continue to remain in place till a wider consensus on the border patrolling mechanism is reached with the Chinese.

“There are no plans to move back any troops from Ladakh in the near future till an atmosphere of mutual trust and verification is established,” defence sources said. A similar arrangement is also being worked out in Arunachal Pradesh, where a standoff developed in Yangtse, Asaphila, and Subansiri Valleys had taken place, sources said.

Share:

Previous Post

BCB Shake-Up! 11 Directors Axed Amid Governance Overhaul

Next Post

Samsung Electronics Q3 Net Profit Surges, But Chip Business Remains Sluggish

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter
  • Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion
  • ‘We are talking about it’: Virat Kohli may reverse Test retirement soon, childhood coach gives fans ray of hope
  • Bengal government begins crackdown on Bangladeshi infiltrators; CM Suvendu Adhikari launches ‘detect, delete, deport’ action
  • PM Narendra Modi’s five-nation visit secures nearly $40 billion investment commitments

Latest News

Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter

international media news
May 22, 2026

Popular family drama show 'Gullak' will be back with its fifth season soon. On Wednesday, the makers

Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion

international media news
May 22, 2026

‘We are talking about it’: Virat Kohli may reverse Test retirement soon, childhood coach gives fans ray of hope

international media news
May 22, 2026

Bengal government begins crackdown on Bangladeshi infiltrators; CM Suvendu Adhikari launches ‘detect, delete, deport’ action

international media news
May 22, 2026

Latest News

Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter

international media news
May 22, 2026

Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion

international media news
May 22, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News