Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Xi Jinping’s Opponents Challenge Bid For 3rd Term In Office: Report
World

Xi Jinping’s Opponents Challenge Bid For 3rd Term In Office: Report

international media news
June 12, 2022 272 Views0

As Chinese President Xi Jinping is eyeing to secure a third term in office, his political opponents are challenging this bid of the President at a time when his much-criticized strict “Zero-COVID” policies have brought the entire nation to the brink of economic collapse.

Xi obviously faced an ever-increasing attack from his opponents and this is evident in a recent post published by Cai Xia, a retired professor at the Party School of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party.

In his post, he referred to a regulation entitled “Interim Provisions on the Term of Office of Leading Party and Government Cadres”. According to a post by him on Twitter, he said that this provision is still in effect.

It is interesting to note that this interim provision supposedly could challenge Xi’s ability to remain at the head of the CCP in the next term, reported Global Strait.

As per this provision, the tenure of the CCP party and the Chinese government leading cadres is limited. They can only serve in the same position for two consecutive terms or a total of 15 years.

After this post by Cai, a Taiwanese media outlet published an article on this provision. In June 5 article, the interim provision could hinder Xi’s wish to extend his Party leadership.

The article talks about how Xi, since 2017, had been meeting various substantive obstacles to his re-election. According to former diplomat and author Roger Garside, the Chinese president Xi’s opponents are also taking advantage of the country’s internal troubles to undermine him.

Garside, the author of the book “China Coup,” said that the Chinese leader is facing a combination of external and internal pressures.

“There are tipping points… looming up in the Chinese scene of the very gravest kind,” he said, adding that these would allow rivals within the leadership to move against Xi, as per the media portal.

To add insult to injury, China’s Zero-COVID policy and mass lockdowns have produced “a very vulnerable state in China, and an imperative to isolate China from the rest of the world,” he said.

“And internally, it is aroused, as we have seen on videos from Shanghai and elsewhere, anger, indignation, and an erosion of respect and loyalty for the Communist Party,” Garside said adding, “But this came against a background of a disastrous performance in the property sector. We have seen the default of major property developers,” he added.

 

Share:

Previous Post

India shows exemplary resilience in recovery from COVID-19 crisis: CEA

Next Post

West Bengal: Internet suspended in Murshidabad till June 14 amid violence in Howrah

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News