Skip to content
Monday, May 25
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Russia Launches New Drones Barrage On Ukraine, Kyiv Shoots Down 72
World

Russia Launches New Drones Barrage On Ukraine, Kyiv Shoots Down 72

international media news
September 15, 2024 103 Views0

Russia launched a new overnight drone attack on Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities on Saturday, prompting President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to issue a fresh appeal for more air defence and long-range capabilities.

Ukrainian air defences shot down 72 out of 76 Shahed drones over 12 regions in the centre, south and east of the country, the air force said.

“We need more capabilities to strengthen the air shield, air defence, and long-range capabilities to continue protecting life and our people,” Zelenskiy, who is due to travel to the United States later this month, said on the Telegram messaging app.

Russia Launches New Drones Barrage On Ukraine, Kyiv Shoots Down 72

Ukrainian personnel use searchlights as they search for drones over the city during Russian drone strike

 
 
 
 

Kyiv: 

Russia launched a new overnight drone attack on Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities on Saturday, prompting President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to issue a fresh appeal for more air defence and long-range capabilities.

Ukrainian air defences shot down 72 out of 76 Shahed drones over 12 regions in the centre, south and east of the country, the air force said.

“We need more capabilities to strengthen the air shield, air defence, and long-range capabilities to continue protecting life and our people,” Zelenskiy, who is due to travel to the United States later this month, said on the Telegram messaging app

There were no immediate reports of casualties but authorities described damage to buildings in several parts of the country.

Kyiv city authorities said that drone fragments fell on a municipal building in the city’s Obolon district north of the centre early on Saturday, but no fire broke out at the site.

The governor of the region surrounding Kyiv said drone debris damaged several private houses and a commercial property, and also smashed windows at a high-rise residential building.

In the southern Odesa region, debris damaged several commercial buildings and private houses and also caused several fires.

Air alerts sounded for three to five hours during the night in many regions across Ukraine. Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko said air defence units had been in action in the capital during the night. Ukraine also deploys mobile groups of drone hunters and uses electronic warfare to repel frequent Russian drone strikes.

During nearly 31 months of the war, Moscow’s forces bombarded Ukraine with thousands of drones and missiles, killing thousands of civilians, damaging the country’s infrastructure and power sector and wrecking tens of thousands of residential and commercial buildings.

Moscow denies intentionally targeting civilians and says its long-range attacks aim to reduce Ukraine’s ability to fight.

Share:

Previous Post

Govt Scraps Minimum Export Price Thresholds On Onion, Basmati Rice

Next Post

Congress Slams Noida District Magistrate Over ‘Pappu’ Post On Rahul Gandhi

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News