Skip to content
Wednesday, May 20
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Russia Admits “Destroyed” Satellite During Test, Confirming US Accusations
World

Russia Admits “Destroyed” Satellite During Test, Confirming US Accusations

international media news
November 17, 2021 164 Views0

Russia’s defence ministry  admitted to destroying one of its satellites during a missile test, confirming accusations levied earlier by the United States.

“The Russian defence ministry successfully conducted a test, as a result of which the Russian spacecraft ‘Tselina-D’, which had been in orbit since 1982, was destroyed,” the military said in a statement.

US officials on Monday denounced Russia for conducting a “dangerous and irresponsible” missile test that blew up one of its own satellites, creating a debris cloud that threatened the International Space Station.

NASA said the crew aboard the ISS — currently four Americans, a German and two Russians — were woken up and forced to take shelter in their return ships.

US officials said they were not informed in advance of the anti-satellite missile test — only the fourth ever to hit a spacecraft from the ground — which generated over 1,500 pieces of trackable orbital debris.

The Russian military said that it was carrying out planned activities to strengthen its defence capabilities but denied that the test was dangerous.

 

“The United States knows for certain that the resulting fragments, in terms of test time and orbital parameters, did not and will not pose a threat to orbital stations, spacecraft and space activities,” it said.

The confirmation of the US claims came moments after Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov had dismissed them.

“To declare that the Russian Federation creates risks for the peaceful use of space is, at the very least, hypocrisy,” Lavrov told a press conference in Moscow, adding that “there are no facts” behind the claims.

Russia’s move reignited concerns about a growing arms race in space, encompassing everything from laser weapons to satellites capable of shunting others out of orbit.

Share:

Previous Post

Pratik Sehajpal, Umar Riaz get into physical altercation in front of Siddhant Chaturvedi in Bigg Boss 15

Next Post

West Bengal Assembly passes resolution against Centre’s BSF jurisdiction order

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran
  • ‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash
  • Supreme Court allows Euthanasia of rabid and aggressive stray dogs
  • ‘Bastar is now Naxal-free’: HM Amit Shah on Naxalism in Chhattisgarh
  • Amul celebrates Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Kartavya’ with ‘Buttervya’ topical!

Latest News

Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran

international media news
May 20, 2026

US President Donald Trump has said he is putting a planned military strike on Iran on hold after dir

‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash

international media news
May 20, 2026

Supreme Court allows Euthanasia of rabid and aggressive stray dogs

international media news
May 20, 2026

‘Bastar is now Naxal-free’: HM Amit Shah on Naxalism in Chhattisgarh

international media news
May 20, 2026

Latest News

Trump makes big statement, says attack on Iran put on hold upon request from…, issues fresh warning to Tehran

international media news
May 20, 2026

‘He has been an absolute legend of the game…’: Mark Boucher’s emotional tribute to MS Dhoni after CSK vs SRH IPL 2026 clash

international media news
May 20, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News