Skip to content
Saturday, May 23
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>On Centre’s ‘no data on farmers’ deaths’ due to protest, Rahul Gandhi’s strong retort in Parliament
India

On Centre’s ‘no data on farmers’ deaths’ due to protest, Rahul Gandhi’s strong retort in Parliament

international media news
December 8, 2021 246 Views0

Days after the Centre informed Parliament that it has no record of the farmers who had died during the farmers’ protests, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi hit out at it, seeking compensation for the families of the deceased farmers.

Gandhi said that families of the farmers who lost their lives in the protest should be given compensation and job.

“Around 700 farmers died in farmers’ agitation. Prime Minister apologised to the nation and farmers of the nation. He accepted that he made a mistake. On November 30, Agriculture Minister was asked a question – how many farmers died in the agitation? He said he doesn’t have any data,” Congress MP said in Lok Sabha.

“We found out that Punjab government has given Rs 5 Lakh compensation for around 400 farmers; also provided jobs for 152 of them. I have the list. We have made another list of 70 farmers from Haryana. Your government says that you don’t have their names,” he said, stepping up his attack.

The Congress leader also took to Twitter to attack the government for not withdrawing police cases against farmers and not giving compensation and jobs to the families of the slain farmers.

Agriculture Minister Narendra Tomar last week told the House that the government has no record of the farmers who had died during the over one-year-long farmers’ agitation against now-repealed three farm laws and thus there was no question of providing compensation to their families.

“The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare has no record in the matter and hence the question does not arise,” Tomar had said reply to a question asking if the Centre proposes to provide financial assistance to the kin of farmers who died during the year-long agitation.

Opposition leaders and the protesting farmer unions have said that over 700 farmers lost their lives during the protests against the Centre’s now-repealed three agricultural laws.

On Monday, Parliament cleared a bill to repeal the three laws, which triggered protests at Delhi border points by thousands of farmers.

The formal withdrawal came days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his address to the nation had announced the withdrawal of the three farm laws, saying the government could not convince protesting farmers about the benefits of the agriculture sector reforms. He had also appealed to the protesting farmers to end the protest and return home.

Share:

Previous Post

PM Modi launches projects worth Rs 9,600 crore in Gorakhpur, says ‘double engine govt works at double speed’

Next Post

Beijing Warns US Will “Pay The Price” For Olympics Diplomatic Boycott

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Revealed: How opening with Virat Kohli shaped Devdutt Padikkal’s batting approach in IPL
  • No shortage of petrol, diesel or LPG at retail outlets: Govt officials
  • GoPro, lunch under tree, then massacre: NIA chargesheet exposes chilling details of Pahalgam terror attack
  • Big win for China: US bows down, halts Taiwan arms sale after Trump-Xi meet
  • Prashanth Neel confirms timeline for ‘Dragon’ and ‘Salaar: Part 2’, opens up on ‘KGF 3’ plans

Latest News

Revealed: How opening with Virat Kohli shaped Devdutt Padikkal’s batting approach in IPL

international media news
May 23, 2026

Royal Challengers Bengaluru left-handed batter Devdutt Padikkal said opening the innings with Virat

No shortage of petrol, diesel or LPG at retail outlets: Govt officials

international media news
May 23, 2026

GoPro, lunch under tree, then massacre: NIA chargesheet exposes chilling details of Pahalgam terror attack

international media news
May 23, 2026

Big win for China: US bows down, halts Taiwan arms sale after Trump-Xi meet

international media news
May 23, 2026

Latest News

Revealed: How opening with Virat Kohli shaped Devdutt Padikkal’s batting approach in IPL

international media news
May 23, 2026

No shortage of petrol, diesel or LPG at retail outlets: Govt officials

international media news
May 23, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News