Skip to content
Monday, May 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>‘No Thank You’: OpenAI CEO Sam Altman Rejects Elon Musk’s $97.4 Billion Bid, Says ‘We Will Buy Twitter…’
World

‘No Thank You’: OpenAI CEO Sam Altman Rejects Elon Musk’s $97.4 Billion Bid, Says ‘We Will Buy Twitter…’

international media news
February 12, 2025 55 Views0

In a surprising turn of events, the SpaceX CEO, alongside a group of investors, made a large bid of USD 97.4 billion to acquire OpenAI. In response to Musk’s staggering bid, Sam Altman, the CEO of the leading AI research organization ‘OpenAI’ dismissed his offer in an X post. He wrote, “No thank you but we will buy Twitter for $9.74 billion if you want.” This move follows Musk’s long-standing relationship with OpenAI which he co-founded a decade ago, in 2015.

This jibe marks the ongoing tensions between the two tech giants. Elon Musk founded the American startup Artificial Intelligence company xAI on March 9, 2023, with an aim ‘to understand the true nature of the universe’. The New York Times cited a person familiar with OpenAI’s potential response saying, the company is yet to review Musk’s bid. This unexpected offer may disrupt the research organization’s efforts to finalise a massive deal of USD 40 billion.

This bid comes at a pivotal time when OpenAI is in discussions to raise the company’s valuation up to USD 340 billion. Musk had earlier raised concerns that the company has deviated from its ambitious ventures and founding principles, which had led to the tensions between him and the company.

According to Experts, if the deal is sealed, it would position OpenAI alongside SpaceX & ByteDance and make it one of the most valuable private companies in the world. Over the years, with the evolvement of OpenAI, the relationship between Musk and Altman has strained. In August 2023, Musk took legal action against the company, accusing the officials of putting profits before its non-profit inception.

After taking oath in January, Donald Trump in the first week of his presidency announced $500B AI investment with OpenAI, Oracle, and SoftBank. The move was criticised by Musk who claimed, “They don’t actually have the money.”

Share:

Previous Post

Chhaava Faces Censorship Strike! Vicky Kaushal’s Film Undergoes Dialogue Changes, Removes Scenes After CBFC Order

Next Post

Tamil Nadu MP Dayanidhi Maran Questions Sanskrit Interpretation Of Parliament Work; Speaker Om Birla Responds

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…
  • SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit
  • Peddi makers drop new glimpse of Divyenndu as Rambujji ahead of trailer release
  • Drone strike at UAE’s Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in UAE
  • President Murmu approves increase in SC judge strength from 33 to 37

Latest News

KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…

international media news
May 18, 2026

Kolkata Knight Riders scripted history on Saturday by becoming only the second team in IPL history t

SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit

international media news
May 18, 2026

Peddi makers drop new glimpse of Divyenndu as Rambujji ahead of trailer release

international media news
May 18, 2026

Drone strike at UAE’s Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in UAE

international media news
May 18, 2026

Latest News

KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…

international media news
May 18, 2026

SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit

international media news
May 18, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News