Skip to content
Monday, August 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>Navjot Singh Sidhu launches fresh attack over sacrilege cases probe, says his tirade is ‘not personal’
India

Navjot Singh Sidhu launches fresh attack over sacrilege cases probe, says his tirade is ‘not personal’

international media news
November 9, 2021 293 Views0

Punjab Congress president Navjot Singh Sidhu on Monday rued the fact that no chargesheet has so far been filed even six months after a third special investigation team (SIT) was formed to probe the Kotkapura firing incident case.

Sidhu alleged that former Punjab Director General of Police Sumedh Singh Saini, who is a prime accused in the case, has been given blanket bail. The Congress leader denied that he has any personal interest in the matter and stated that he is with the people of Punjab.

“It’s been 6 months since 3rd SIT was formed in Kotkapura incident but till now no chargesheet has been filed. It’s a question of moral authority. Ex-DGP Sumedh Singh Saini, prime accused, has been given blanket bail. It’s not personal, I’m standing with Punjab,” Sidhu said.

It may be noted here that Sidhu had on Saturday visited the Burj Jawahar Singh Wala village gurdwara and paid obeisance there. The gurdwara was at the centre of the 2015 sacrilege cases.

Two Sikh protesters had died and several others were injured in firing by Punjab Police at Behbal Kalan and Kotkapura on October 14, 2015 following a spate of sacrilege incidents in the state.

Sidhu had yesterday also targeted Punjab Advocate General APS Deol over the matter and accused him of ‘subverting justice by inaction’ in the sacrilege and drugs cases.

Sidhu said that the state government’s top lawyer had appeared for sacrilege cases’ accused persons in the past and he was now representing the state in courts.

“…Very soon you will seek elevation as a judge so that you can decide this case. Being the highest law officer, your focus is on politics and political gains,” Sidhu tweeted.

“May I know which interest (vested or otherwise) were you acting for when you appeared for the main conspirators and procured blanket bail for them and which interest, you are acting now?” he added.

He even accused Deol of levelling serious allegations against the Punjab government which had come to power by promising to provide justice in the sacrilege cases.

Share:

Previous Post

Netizens express disappointment after Miesha Iyer’s Bigg Boss 15 eviction: ‘Simba Nagpal deserved to get evicted’

Next Post

China Struggles With Worst Covid Outbreaks Since Wuhan Origin

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’
  • ‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’
  • FIFA World Cup 2026: Leandro Paredes gets 10-match ban, Argentina fined USD 321,000 after final brawl
  • RBI’s new interest rate rules for bank deposits: Check the revised regulations from 1 October 2026
  • Pentagon fires US military newspaper staffers: What happened and why is USS Abraham Lincoln report at centre of row?

Latest News

USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’

international media news
August 23, 2026

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)  criticised the United States Commission on International Rel

‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’

international media news
August 23, 2026

FIFA World Cup 2026: Leandro Paredes gets 10-match ban, Argentina fined USD 321,000 after final brawl

international media news
August 23, 2026

RBI’s new interest rate rules for bank deposits: Check the revised regulations from 1 October 2026

international media news
August 23, 2026

Latest News

USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’

international media news
August 23, 2026

‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’

international media news
August 23, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News