Skip to content
Thursday, May 21
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Iran Says It Conducted Successful Space Launch In Programme Long Criticized By West
World

Iran Says It Conducted Successful Space Launch In Programme Long Criticized By West

international media news
December 8, 2024 107 Views0

Iran said  it conducted a successful space launch, the latest for its programme the West alleges improves Tehran’s ballistic missile programme. Iran conducted the launch using its Simorgh programme, a satellite-carrying rocket that had had a series of failed launches, at Iran’s Imam Khomeini Spaceport in rural Semnan province. That’s the site of Iran’s civilian space programme.

The Simorgh carried what Iran described as an “orbital propulsion system,” as well as two research systems to a 400-kilometre orbit above the Earth. A system that could change the orbit of a spacecraft would allow Iran to geo-synchronize the orbits of its satellites. Tehran has long sought that ability.

 
 

Iran also put the payload of the Simorgh at 300 kilograms, heavier than its previous successful launches. There was no immediate independent confirmation the launch was successful. The US military did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The announcement comes as heightened tensions grip the wider Middle East over Israel’s continued war on Hamas in the Gaza Strip and as an uneasy ceasefire holds in Lebanon.

The United States has previously said Iran’s satellite launches defy a UN Security Council resolution and called on Tehran to undertake no activity involving ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons. UN sanctions related to Iran’s ballistic missile programme expired in October 2023.

“Iran’s work on space-launch vehicles — including its Simorgh — probably would shorten the timeline to produce an intercontinental ballistic missile, if it decided to develop one, because the systems use similar technologies,” a US intelligence community report released in July said. Under Iran’s relatively moderate former President Hassan Rouhani, the Islamic Republic slowed its space programme for fear of raising tensions with the West. The late hard-line President Ebrahim Raisi, a protege of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei who came to power in 2021, pushed the programme forward. Raisi died in a helicopter crash in May.

 

Iran’s reformist President Masoud Pezeshkian, who has been signaling he wants to negotiate with the West over sanctions, has yet to offer strategy when it comes to Iran’s ambitions in space. The Simorgh launch represented the first for his administration from the country’s civil space programme. Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard conducted a successful launch in its parallel programme in September.

Intercontinental ballistic missiles can be used to deliver nuclear weapons. Iran is now producing uranium close to weapons-grade levels after the collapse of its nuclear deal with world powers. Tehran has enough enriched uranium for “several” nuclear weapons, if it chooses to produce them, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency has repeatedly warned.

Iran has always denied seeking nuclear weapons and says its space programme, like its nuclear activities, is for purely civilian purposes. However, US intelligence agencies and the IAEA say Iran had an organised military nuclear programme up until 2003.

Share:

Previous Post

DocuBay’s ‘Fanatics’ Explores Devoted South Indian Cinema Fandoms!

Next Post

Punjab: Cops Dismantle Cross-Border Terror Module, 10 Held

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • India bakes at 47.6°C: Crucial cities turn into furnaces as summer temperature surges past terrifying thresholds
  • ‘Purane din yaad aa gaye’: Fans react to Welcome To The Jungle title track starring Akshay Kumar
  • UPI commands largest share of transaction volume at 85.5% in 2025 2nd half: RBI report
  • ‘I don’t really plan’: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi reveals truth behind viral ‘A’ celebration after his 93 carnage powers RR win vs LSG
  • 42 jets, drones, F-35 and…: US report claims massive military losses in Iran war, Rs 281068000000 cost for…

Latest News

India bakes at 47.6°C: Crucial cities turn into furnaces as summer temperature surges past terrifying thresholds

international media news
May 21, 2026

Several regions of India have experienced extremely high temperatures due to a climate phenomenon th

‘Purane din yaad aa gaye’: Fans react to Welcome To The Jungle title track starring Akshay Kumar

international media news
May 21, 2026

UPI commands largest share of transaction volume at 85.5% in 2025 2nd half: RBI report

international media news
May 21, 2026

‘I don’t really plan’: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi reveals truth behind viral ‘A’ celebration after his 93 carnage powers RR win vs LSG

international media news
May 21, 2026

Latest News

India bakes at 47.6°C: Crucial cities turn into furnaces as summer temperature surges past terrifying thresholds

international media news
May 21, 2026

‘Purane din yaad aa gaye’: Fans react to Welcome To The Jungle title track starring Akshay Kumar

international media news
May 21, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News