Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>Indian Coast Guard forgery case: 20 confidential reports of senior officers ‘missing’, Defence Ministry probe finds
India

Indian Coast Guard forgery case: 20 confidential reports of senior officers ‘missing’, Defence Ministry probe finds

international media news
October 10, 2021 115 Views0

 In a major development, an ongoing inquiry into allegations of forgery in personal records of top officers in the Indian Coast Guard, it has been found that nearly 20 annual confidential reports have either been manipulated or gone missing.

Investigations into the claims began after an Inspector General-ranked officer raised a formal complaint with the Ministry of Defence alleging manipulation in his personal record that led to the modification in merit lowering his marks.

Officials in the Defence Ministry did not comment on the allegations saying that the internal inquiry was still underway.

“Two Joint Secretaries are part of the probe in which so far, it has emerged that many appraisal reports of officers of the Additional Director General-rank officers have surprisingly gone missing. The missing records can also lead to the change in the seniority of officers at the time of appointment at the senior-most level,” sources said, according to news agency ANI.

The internal inquiry was ordered by the topmost authorities in the Defence Ministry, and they are expected to look at who is responsible for the alleged forgery and also the manipulation of documents.

In nearly 20 ACRs, overwriting and use of whitener was found.

Top authorities in the ministry have directed probe teams that no one should be protected from law, and strictest punishment should be given to those responsible for the alleged forgery.

Sources have said that a senior administrator in Defence Ministry has also scrapped a promotion board due to his ‘zero-tolerance’ approach towards corruption.

More and more cases of alleged manipulation in promotions have begun to tumble out after several coast guard personnel approached various government agencies seeking justice.

Share:

Previous Post

Singapore allows quarantine-free travel to nine more countries. Check details

Next Post

Iran’s First President Abolhassan Banisadr Dies: Report

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News