Skip to content
Monday, May 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>India, China going through ‘bad patch’ in bilateral ties: Jaishankar
India

India, China going through ‘bad patch’ in bilateral ties: Jaishankar

international media news
November 20, 2021 120 Views0

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said  that India and China are going through a “particularly bad patch” in their ties because Beijing has taken a set of actions in violation of agreements for which it still don’t have a “credible explanation” and it is for the Chinese leadership to answer where they want to take the bilateral relationship.

“I don’t think the Chinese have any doubt on where we stand on our relationship and what’s not gone right with it. I’ve been meeting my counterpart Wang Yi a number of times. As you would’ve experienced, I speak fairly clear, reasonably understandably there is no lack of clarity so if they want to hear it I am sure they would have heard it,” Jaishankar said in response to a question at a panel “Greater Power Competition: The Emerging World Order” at the Bloomberg New Economic Forum here.

“We are going through a particularly bad patch in our relationship because they have taken a set of actions in violation of agreements for which they still don’t have a credible explanation and that indicates some rethink about where they want to take our relationship, but that’s for them to answer,” he further said, in an apparent reference to the eastern Ladakh border clash with China.

The eastern Ladakh border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5 last year following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas and both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

The tension escalated following a deadly clash in Galwan Valley on June 15 last year.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake in February and in the Gogra area in August. The last round of military talks on October 10 ended in a stalemate.

Meanwhile, on Thursday the two sides agreed to hold the 14th round of military talks at an early date to achieve the objective of complete disengagement in remaining friction points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.

Share:

Previous Post

English player apologises to Cheteshwar Pujara for calling him ‘Steve’

Next Post

Australia Mocks ‘Silly’ China Criticism Of Nuclear Subs

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…
  • SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit
  • Peddi makers drop new glimpse of Divyenndu as Rambujji ahead of trailer release
  • Drone strike at UAE’s Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in UAE
  • President Murmu approves increase in SC judge strength from 33 to 37

Latest News

KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…

international media news
May 18, 2026

Kolkata Knight Riders scripted history on Saturday by becoming only the second team in IPL history t

SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit

international media news
May 18, 2026

Peddi makers drop new glimpse of Divyenndu as Rambujji ahead of trailer release

international media news
May 18, 2026

Drone strike at UAE’s Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in UAE

international media news
May 18, 2026

Latest News

KKR scripts IPL history, becomes second team after RCB to…

international media news
May 18, 2026

SEBI relaxes borrowing norms for InvITs above 49% leverage limit

international media news
May 18, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News