Skip to content
Tuesday, May 19
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Business>>India allows foreign tourists on chartered flights from today; new visas to be issued
Business

India allows foreign tourists on chartered flights from today; new visas to be issued

international media news
October 16, 2021 206 Views0

From Friday, foreign tourists travelling by charter flights will be allowed into India. Regular international flights will be allowed from November 15 under bilateral air bubble agreements with countries, according to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoFA).

All international flights were suspended in March last year to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic since the onset of the pandemic 18 months ago.

Domestic flights were allowed to operate with curtailed capacity from May 25, 2020 but international flights remained suspended as Covid-19 cases continued to spread. India also allowed domestic carriers to operate at full capacity from October 18, 2021.

The MHA in revised guidelines on October 7, 2021, lifted the blanket ban on inbound international travellers.

The Ministry had clarified that chartered flights mean those allowed under the air bubble agreement under Vande Bharat mission or any scheduled or non-scheduled commercial flights allowed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. Also, visa restrictions for international travellers was also eased.

Fresh tourist visas will now be granted to foreigners travelling to India through chartered flights as the existing ones remain suspended under Covid-19 restrictions.

“The bureau of immigration, Indian mission and posts abroad may grant fresh single-entry e-tourist or tourist visas for 30 days. Existing e-tourist visas shall remain suspended,” the MHA had said.

All visas granted to foreign travellers were suspended last year in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic, As the pandemic receded foreign tourists were allowed on visas other than tourists visas. However, after considering representations from state governments and various stakeholders in the tourism sector, the ministry decided to start tourist visas.

All stakeholders such as Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW), the Ministry of External Affairs, the Ministry of Civil Aviation and states which are expected to attract tourists were consulted by the ministry before taking the decision, it said.

The Ministry also said other protocols and norms relating to COVID-19 as notified by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from time to time shall be adhered to by the foreign tourists, carriers bringing them to India and all other stakeholders at landing stations.

Share:

Previous Post

China Does Not Need To Use Force To “Reunify” Taiwan, Says Vladimir Putin

Next Post

Jadeja will be Man of the Match: Vaughan predicts the winner of IPL 2021 final; CSK and KKR fans react

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles
  • ‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”
  • Kerala’s new CM Satheesan unveils welfare bonanza in first cabinet meeting; free bus travel for women, ₹3,000 hike for ASHA workers and more
  • Global crude oil prices rally up to 3% as US-Iran tensions escalate
  • Iran proposes new 14-point peace proposal to US via Pakistan to end war

Latest News

Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles

international media news
May 19, 2026

 Following multiple hurdles and unexpected delays, Karuppu was finally released on May 15. The film

‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”

international media news
May 19, 2026

Kerala’s new CM Satheesan unveils welfare bonanza in first cabinet meeting; free bus travel for women, ₹3,000 hike for ASHA workers and more

international media news
May 19, 2026

Global crude oil prices rally up to 3% as US-Iran tensions escalate

international media news
May 19, 2026

Latest News

Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles

international media news
May 19, 2026

‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”

international media news
May 19, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News