Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Sports>>IND-BAN Test Series 2024: ‘Shakib Ready for Action’ Hathurusingha Confirms Selection Eligibility!
Sports

IND-BAN Test Series 2024: ‘Shakib Ready for Action’ Hathurusingha Confirms Selection Eligibility!

international media news
September 26, 2024 80 Views0

 Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusingha has dismissed speculation that Shakib Al Hasan will miss the second Test against India at Kanpur, which begins from September 27.

Shakib’s availability turned out to be the talking point after having suffered an injury on his finger as he batted in the first Test in Chennai, hit by a delivery from Jasprit Bumrah. Speculation strengthened as he played just eight to ten balls in the nets before deciding to come out. Having taken his body language after the net session, he did not look very comfortable either.

Shakib bowled only 21 overs in the first Test but failed to take a single wicket. It was stated that he was suffering from an injury and so, he was brought into the attack only after bowling 50 overs only in the first innings.

“I haven’t heard anything on Shakib regarding any complaints. I haven’t heard from my physio or anyone else so he is eligible for selection,” Hathurusingha told reporters at Kanpur on Wednesday.

Hathurusingha said he doesn’t care if Shakib looked out of form at the fag end of the tournament. In the two-match-series against Pakistan last month, Shakib scored only 38 runs in three innings and in the first Test against India he scored 32 and 25.

“I am disturbed not so much by his performance, but by our overall performance and how we could have done better. I am sure that he also thinks that he can perform better and we all know what he is capable of,” said the coach.

They were not worried about the security threats that have cropped up recently, according to Hathurusingha. Security was beefed up ahead of the second Test in Kanpur after several right wing groups called to oppose matches in protest against the alleged recent attacks on Hindu communities in Bangladesh.

The three-tier security would be given to the teams and it comprises of isolation cordon, outer cordon and the outermost cordon. The Test match will have more than 1,000 police officers of different wings who have been deployed.

“We are not worried about the security. We have faith that the Indian Cricket Board is taking care of it,” he said.

“The concern is what we talk about whether we do that in the middle and we normally talk about if you get a start make it big, and that’s the biggest concern. Some of the guys are playing 30 to 40 balls and in cricket the hardest thing is to get in.”

Share:

Previous Post

Pakistan Ex-PM Imran Khan’s Party Leader Face Terror Charges; Over 350 Booked

Next Post

Kenishaa Francis Breaks Silence On Being Accused Of Breaking Jayam Ravi’s Marriage: ‘Leave Me Out Of It’

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News