Skip to content
Monday, May 25
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Business>>Hindenburg Alleges Swiss Authorities Have Frozen Adani Funds, Company Responds
Business

Hindenburg Alleges Swiss Authorities Have Frozen Adani Funds, Company Responds

international media news
September 14, 2024 111 Views0

 Hindenburg Research has alleged that Swiss authorities have frozen more than $310 million in funds across multiple Swiss bank accounts as part of a money laundering and securities forgery investigation into Adani dating back to 2021.

Hindenburg had shared via a tweet alleging, “Swiss authorities have frozen more than $310 million in funds across multiple Swiss bank accounts as part of a money laundering and securities forgery investigation into Adani, dating back as early as 2021. Prosecutors detailed how an Adani frontman invested in opaque BVI/Mauritius & Bermuda funds that almost exclusively owned Adani stocks, according to newly released Swiss criminal court records reported by Swiss media outlet @news_gotham.”

According to a ruling by the Federal Criminal Court (FCC), the Geneva Public Prosecutor’s Office had been investigating alleged wrongdoing by the Indian conglomerate “well before investors from Hindenburg Research made their initial accusations,” Gotham City reported.

The report, dated September 11, states: “More than $310 million belonging to an alleged frontman for billionaire Gautam Adani is sequestered in five Swiss banks. The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) took over the investigation after the case was revealed in the press.”  

Adani Group Responds To Hindenburg Research Allegations On Swiss Authorities Freezing Its Funds

The Adani Group on Thursday unequivocally rejected and denied baseless allegations regarding claims by US short-seller Hindenburg Research that Swiss authorities have frozen its funds.  Dismissing the latest allegations, an Adani Group spokesperson denied the baseless claims.

“We unequivocally reject and deny the baseless allegations presented. The Adani Group has no involvement in any Swiss court proceedings, nor have any of our company accounts been subject to sequestration by any authority,” said the company spokesperson.

“Furthermore, even in the alleged order, the Swiss court has neither mentioned our group companies, nor have we received any requests for clarification or information from any such authority or regulatory body. We reiterate that our overseas holding structure is transparent, fully disclosed, and compliant with all relevant laws,” the spokesperson added.

The spokesperson further said that these allegations are “clearly preposterous, irrational, and absurd”.

“We have no hesitation in stating that this is yet another orchestrated and egregious attempt by the same cohorts acting in unison to inflict irreversible damage on our group’s reputation and market value,” said the spokesperson.

The Adani Group remains “steadfastly committed to transparency and compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements”, the spokesperson noted.

Share:

Previous Post

‘Arrogant Govt’: Rahul Gandhi Slams Modi Govt Over Restaurant Owner’s Apology To FM

Next Post

Shreyas Iyer’s Spectacular Entrance Ends In A Spectacle: Out For A Duck & The Social Media Roast Begins

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News