Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>Delhi Police Targets 102 Properties Of Alleged Drug Peddlers For Demolition After Legal Scrutiny
India

Delhi Police Targets 102 Properties Of Alleged Drug Peddlers For Demolition After Legal Scrutiny

international media news
September 25, 2024 69 Views0

As the Delhi Police continues to escalate efforts to curb the crime of drug trafficking, it has chosen 102 structures owned by alleged drug peddlers to be demolished. the structures had breached the building bylaws. The police have filed violation reports with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) seeking the demolition of these buildings owned by accused drug peddlers. This strategy comes at a time when the Supreme Court has also been talking of growing concerns after recently questioning the demolition with bulldozers of properties of persons accused in criminal cases and promised to create pan-India guidelines.

Focus On Alleged Drug Traffickers’ Properties

Delhi Police’s Crime Branch has booked 102 properties across the city, some of which are suspected to be owned by gangsters who are found to be involved in the drug trade. These have been said to be located in Northeast, Outer, North, and West Delhi. Most of these properties are of people who have been arrested multiple times for the same charges of narcotics but have gone scot-free upon bail, police sources said.

According to a senior officer, “Many of the accused were found to be operating their drug trade from these properties.” ANTF used to visit the sites and send a note of violation of building bylaws of such property to the MCD for appropriate action.

Previous Efforts Under MACOCA

The Delhi Police had earlier tried to prosecute most of these traffickers by lodging cases of MACOCA. However, a large number of cases have collapsed in the court for lack of evidence. The authorities therefore changed tack and set its sights on violations more in the realm of structure rather than criminal charges.

At a meeting of the Narco-Coordination Centre, NCORD, which coordinates anti-drug efforts with the central government, such findings were shared. The officials present in the meeting asked for swift action to be taken by MCD against the properties. However, the police officials seemed discontent with the pace of progress. Only five structures had faced action and many more were waiting for demolition.

Delays And Challenges In Demolitions

As per Indian Express, some properties are under the jurisdiction of other authorities of the government. These include the Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board and the Delhi Development Authority. This complicates matters. The police told the MCD to demolish the structures instead of partially damaging them and to hasten the process altogether.

Moreover, the authorities ponder whether provisions under BNSS may be invoked to invoke brutal measures against drug smugglers through bulldozer demolitions.

Supreme Court On Bulldozer Demolitions

The Supreme Court has expressed deep concern over the bulldozing of houses of accused persons earlier this month. It was noted that such actions could not go unpunished in the absence of law procedure. While the court promised to establish national guidelines in the matter, it made it clear that unauthorized constructions would not be protected.

Justice Gavai said, “Every municipal law has provisions for demolishing unauthorized constructions… We are not going to protect any illegal structures or encroachments, not even temples on public roads.”

Share:

Previous Post

IND-BAN Test Series 2024: Kanpur Awaits Ravindra Jadeja’s Record Feat!

Next Post

‘Israel Landed Blows To Hezbollah That It Could’ve Never Imagined’: Netanyahu

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News