Skip to content
Sunday, August 23
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>Congress Raps Own Leaders’ “Needless Remarks” Over Karnataka Tussle
India

Congress Raps Own Leaders’ “Needless Remarks” Over Karnataka Tussle

international media news
November 22, 2025 154 Views0

The Congress closed ranks  faced with another chapter in the Siddaramaiah vs DK Shivakumar tug-of-war over the Karnataka Chief Minister post.

Troubleshooter Randeep Surjewala – who has now brokered peace twice in this spat – accused the “defeated and faction-ridden” state unit of the opposition BJP, in collusion with “sections of the media”, of running a malicious campaign to weaken the Congress government in the state.

“The sole idea is to undermine the stellar achievements of the Congress government… which have become an outstanding model of inclusive development and distributive justice.”

Surjewala also warned Congress lawmakers backing the latter – a group of whom landed in Delhi Thursday night – against making “needless statements” on the leadership question

“The Congress has sternly warned them from making public statements or falling for vested interests’ agenda,” he said, though his next remark raised eyebrows since it seemed to leave the party wiggle room; he said the opinion of party leaders had been ‘noted’ by the high command.

Surjewala’s remarks came shortly after DKS seemed to distance himself talk of a ‘rebellion’ to replace Siddaramaiah, saying, “I am not part of any group… I don’t like it and I won’t do it.”

 

 

 

“I have no ‘camp’ and I am not any ‘camp leader’ also,” he said, referring to a group of Karnataka Congress lawmakers who have publicly called for DKS to replace Siddaramaiah. “For me all 140 leaders (the Congress’ 137 MLAs and three independents), are important,” he said, also declaring, as he has in the past, that he expects Siddaramaiah to serve out his five-year term

Siddaramaiah, meanwhile, has made it clear he expects to continue unchallenged. Earlier this week he told reporters, “… my power hasn’t gone… it has only gotten stronger. It will continue to remain so… the people voted for us, and we will focus on delivering on our promises.”

Talk of a leadership change in Congress-ruled Karnataka, never far from the surface, broke cover this week after pointed remarks by Shivakumar about resigning as boss of the party’s state unit.

DKS holding on to that position while also serving as Deputy Chief Minister was frequently flagged by the Siddaramaiah camp in arguments over the top leadership role. The Congress has a ‘one man, one post’ role that was relaxed for DKS after the 2023 election win.

Back then the Siddaramaiah and DKS camps were on the warpath to claim the top seat for their man, forcing the party (i.e., Surjewala) to negotiate a deal – Siddaramaiah would be Chief Minister and DKS his deputy, with prime portfolios, while also retaining KPCC presidency.

Resigning that will remove one weapon from the Siddaramaiah camp’s arsenal.

Concurrently a group of Congress lawmakers from Bengaluru, including the Agriculture Minister, flew to Delhi to meet party boss Mallikarjun Kharge. One of those leaders, MLA Iqbal Hussain, told  their proposal had been received, and “justice” had been assured, within a week.

Share:

Previous Post

US Bans THESE Indian Companies over sales of Iranian petroleum products- brands them ‘a direct threat’

Next Post

‘Perfect Family’ Trailer Out: Pankaj Tripathi Makes Production Debut With Neha Dhupia–Gulshan Devaiah’s Punjabi Dramedy

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’
  • ‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’
  • FIFA World Cup 2026: Leandro Paredes gets 10-match ban, Argentina fined USD 321,000 after final brawl
  • RBI’s new interest rate rules for bank deposits: Check the revised regulations from 1 October 2026
  • Pentagon fires US military newspaper staffers: What happened and why is USS Abraham Lincoln report at centre of row?

Latest News

USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’

international media news
August 23, 2026

The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)  criticised the United States Commission on International Rel

‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’

international media news
August 23, 2026

FIFA World Cup 2026: Leandro Paredes gets 10-match ban, Argentina fined USD 321,000 after final brawl

international media news
August 23, 2026

RBI’s new interest rate rules for bank deposits: Check the revised regulations from 1 October 2026

international media news
August 23, 2026

Latest News

USCIRF calls for sanctions on RSS; MEA calls it a ‘biased’ organisation ‘lacking credibility’

international media news
August 23, 2026

‘The Odyssey’ becomes highest-grossing R-rated film of all time, beats ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’

international media news
August 23, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News