Skip to content
Friday, May 22
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>Central government deeply regrets firing incident in Nagaland: Amit Shah in Lok Sabha
India

Central government deeply regrets firing incident in Nagaland: Amit Shah in Lok Sabha

international media news
December 7, 2021 196 Views0

Home Minister Amit Shah  gave a statement in the Lok Sabha over a recent altercation at the Nagaland border that saw civilians being mistakenly killed by security forces. Around a dozen locals and one jawan were reportedly killed in Mon district’s Oting village during Saturday’s clashes. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also held meetings with top ministers in Parliament to discuss various issues including the Nagaland firing incident today. 

“Army had received info on the movement of extremists in Oting, Mon. On that basis, 21 commandos laid an ambush in the suspected area. A vehicle reached there, it was signalled to stop but it tried to flee. On suspicion of the vehicle carrying extremists, it was fired upon,” the Home Minister said in the Lok Sabha. It was only later discovered to be a case of mistaken identity. 

Six out of the eight people in the vehicle had died, while two others were taken to the nearest health centre by the Army after suffering injuries. “After receiving news of this, local villagers surrounded the Army unit, set two vehicles on fire and attacked them,” Shah added.

Shah also said that he had spoken to top officials of Nagaland and added that the Centre deeply regretted the incident. While tense, the situation in Nagaland remains under control. 

According to reports, the security personnel had opened fire on some Naga youths after suspecting them to be terrorists. Irked villagers had also torched the vehicles of security forces. Some people were reportedly shot when security forces opened fire to control the mob. Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has since ordered a high-level probe into the reported killings of civilians by security forces.

On Monday morning, Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio attended the funeral service for the slain civilians. “I’ve spoken to Union Home Minister, he is taking the matter very seriously. We’ve given financial assistance to affected families,” he said. Rio said that they were asking the Central government to remove AFSPA from Nagaland.

Earlier on Sunday, Shah had expressed anguish over the incident, condoling the deaths. “I express my deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives. A high-level SIT constituted by the State govt will thoroughly probe this incident to ensure justice to the bereaved families,” the Home Minister had tweeted. 

Opposition leaders have clamoured for a statement from Shah on the Nagaland firing since Parliament convened on Monday morning. Several Opposition MPs have also moved notices in the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha to discuss the incident. Amidst Opposition demand for the Home Minister’s statement, the Rajya Sabha had been adjourned till 2 pm.

Share:

Previous Post

2 years after snapping ties with BJP, MGP joins hands with Mamata’s TMC for Goa polls

Next Post

Paigambar is adrishya, it’s not necessary that mosque exists in front of Sri Krishna temple in Mathura: BJP MP

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter
  • Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion
  • ‘We are talking about it’: Virat Kohli may reverse Test retirement soon, childhood coach gives fans ray of hope
  • Bengal government begins crackdown on Bangladeshi infiltrators; CM Suvendu Adhikari launches ‘detect, delete, deport’ action
  • PM Narendra Modi’s five-nation visit secures nearly $40 billion investment commitments

Latest News

Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter

international media news
May 22, 2026

Popular family drama show 'Gullak' will be back with its fifth season soon. On Wednesday, the makers

Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion

international media news
May 22, 2026

‘We are talking about it’: Virat Kohli may reverse Test retirement soon, childhood coach gives fans ray of hope

international media news
May 22, 2026

Bengal government begins crackdown on Bangladeshi infiltrators; CM Suvendu Adhikari launches ‘detect, delete, deport’ action

international media news
May 22, 2026

Latest News

Gullak season 5 announced; makers promise emotional new chapter

international media news
May 22, 2026

Bonds of Beijing: Vladimir Putin and a grown-up Chinese engineer share a tearful full-circle reunion

international media news
May 22, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News