Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>India>>‘CBI Shouldn’t Be So…’: CBI Rebuked By Kolkata Court Over Mishandling Of RG Kar Rape Investigation
India

‘CBI Shouldn’t Be So…’: CBI Rebuked By Kolkata Court Over Mishandling Of RG Kar Rape Investigation

international media news
October 2, 2024 74 Views0

 In a sharp reaction that reflects growing tension over the way in which the case pertaining to the gruesome rape and murder of a trainee doctor at RG Kar Hospital had been handled by the Central Bureau of Investigation, a Kolkata court sharply reacted today during a tense hearing. “The CBI shouldn’t be so casual in making applications,” said the judge.

CBI Uncovers New Evidence, Seeks Extended Custody

The case in this regard includes the arrest of police inspector Abhijit Mondal and former RG Kar Hospital principal Sandip Ghosh. While the CBI sought additional time to question the arrested individuals regarding the newly recovered information, they were presented in court virtually.

The CBI stated that data taken from DVRs, hard drives, and mobile phones, including CCTV footage from the Tala police station, has revealed “new and important information.”

Defense Lawyers Challenge CBI’s Request For Extended Custody

The defense lawyer questioned whether custody needed to be extended further. Advocate Ayan Chakraborty pleaded for Mondal saying, “I have been in judicial custody for days and haven’t been questioned at all. If the CBI has the data, why do they need to keep me in custody again?”

The lawyer for Sandip Ghosh questioned his client’s importance in being interrogated when going by data in the Tala police station. He said on behalf of Ghosh, “I was the principal of RG Kar Hospital, not Tala police station. Why should I be questioned about this?”

The defense also raised apprehension that the CBI wanted to hand out extra time in custody to delay the bail order. “Though they had my client under CBI custody for five days, they didn’t question him even once,” Chakraborty pointed out.

Court Rejects CBI’s Custody Extension Request

Under pressure of criticism, the legal team handling the CBI case blundered their arguments while defending the application for extension of custody. They had to revise their custody application thrice and the judge permitted amendment but cautioned them to be cautious about it.

Next Hearing On October 4

The court rejected CBI’s appeal to extend custody and ordered both accused to remain in judicial custody for four more days. The next hearing is scheduled for 4 October.

Share:

Previous Post

Ananya Panday Considers Deepika Padukone As Her Inspiration, Says ‘I Idolised Her Growing Up’

Next Post

Amid Pro-Khalistani Protests, India, Canada Hold High-Level Talks To Improve Ties: Report

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News