Skip to content
Thursday, August 20
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>World>>Boris Johnson Says No Regrets After French Fury Over Migrant Plan
World

Boris Johnson Says No Regrets After French Fury Over Migrant Plan

international media news
November 27, 2021 199 Views0

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has no regrets about publishing a letter to President Emmanuel Macron on Twitter proposing that France take back migrants who have crossed the Channel, his spokesman said .

France has called the move “unacceptable” and cancelled Britain’s attendance at planned talks between European Union interior ministers on the issue set for Sunday.

But asked by reporters at a daily briefing if Johnson regretted sending and then sharing the letter on social media, his spokesman said “no”.

“As the PM (prime minister) has said himself, both he and President Macron have a shared recognition of the urgency of the situation we’re both facing,” he said.

“You’ll see from the tone of the letter this is about deepening our existing cooperation and building on the work that’s already been done between our two countries, which the PM in the letter paid tribute to.”

Macron earlier told a press conference in Rome that he was “surprised” by Johnson’s methods, which he branded “not serious”, adding: “One leader does not communicate with another on these questions on Twitter, by public letter”.

 

However, defending the decision to tweet, the UK leader’s spokesman insisted the British public “would rightly want to know what we are looking at in terms of trying to solve this problem”.

Relations between the two neighbours were already seen as their most tense in decades following a series of disputes over Brexit.

But the spat represents a further turn for the worse.

It comes as the crisis of migrants illegally crossing the Channel intensifies after 27 people died in the busy waterway earlier this week.

Share:

Previous Post

‘Families of 166 victims still await closure’: India asks Pakistan to expedite trial in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case

Next Post

Germany To Get Its First Woman Foreign Minister

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • UAE takes tough action against Iran, suspends all trade and financial dealings after missile threat
  • Odisha’s first animated feature, Mahaprabhu Jagannath, release date unveiled after SC clearance – details
  • UPI Payment Charges: President approves Taxation and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2026 paving way for charges on UPI transactions; Here’s what users need to know
  • ‘Solutions won’t come from Washington’: Omar Abdullah meets US Envoy Sergio Gor in Srinagar
  • 3×3 Quest launched in India, winners to earn FIBA World Series chance

Latest News

UAE takes tough action against Iran, suspends all trade and financial dealings after missile threat

international media news
August 20, 2026

The United Arab Emirates has suspended trade, commercial activity and financial transactions with Ir

Odisha’s first animated feature, Mahaprabhu Jagannath, release date unveiled after SC clearance – details

international media news
August 20, 2026

UPI Payment Charges: President approves Taxation and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2026 paving way for charges on UPI transactions; Here’s what users need to know

international media news
August 20, 2026

‘Solutions won’t come from Washington’: Omar Abdullah meets US Envoy Sergio Gor in Srinagar

international media news
August 20, 2026

Latest News

UAE takes tough action against Iran, suspends all trade and financial dealings after missile threat

international media news
August 20, 2026

Odisha’s first animated feature, Mahaprabhu Jagannath, release date unveiled after SC clearance – details

international media news
August 20, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News