Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Trending News>>BIG Announcement By Indian Railways! Over 6,000 Special Trains To Run During Festive Season, Check Full Details
Trending News

BIG Announcement By Indian Railways! Over 6,000 Special Trains To Run During Festive Season, Check Full Details

international media news
September 29, 2024 78 Views0

 Indian Railways plans to operate almost 6000 special trains as the festive season approaches throughout the country. Over a crore passengers need to travel for the Durga Puja, Diwali, and Chhath festivals. This was announced by Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw while addressing the media and stating that efforts have been made to ensure extra arrangements given the surge in demand.

The special trains apart, 108 regular trains are attached with more general coaches while 12,500 coaches have been sanctioned to meet the passenger surge.

5,975 Special Trains To Ease Festival Travel For Over One Crore Passengers

The Railway Minister said that train routes to states like Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal see heavy traffic during these festivals. Vaishnaw said 5,975 special trains have been announced for this year’s festival season as compared to 4,429 last year. “This will help over one crore passengers travel home during the festival rush,” he added. Durga Puja this year will commence on October 9, Diwali on October 31, and Chhath Puja on November 7 and 8.

Railways To Launch Festive Ticket-Checking Drive

The Railway Ministry will hold a special ticket-checking drive on festival days to weed out ticketless travellers, including policemen, who figure among the top offenders, officials said. It wrote to 17 Zones’ General Managers on September 20 asking them to launch the drive against ticketless and unauthorized passengers from October 1 to 15 and again from October 25 to November 10. The general managers were asked to enforce it strictly under the Railway Act of 1989.

The railway commercial officers who are engaged with the current procession across different rail sections claimed that during the festival season, they would target policemen also who happen to be the worst culprits.

Share:

Previous Post

‘India Threatened To Take Over Azad Kashmir’: Pakistani PM Sharif’s Voice Trembles During UN Address

Next Post

Textiles Industry Will Grow To USD 350 Billion By 2030, Says Minister Giriraj Singh

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News