Skip to content
Tuesday, May 19
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Sports>>Australia Open 2025: Carlos Alcaraz Secures 4TH-Round Spot Following Win Over Nuno Borges
Sports

Australia Open 2025: Carlos Alcaraz Secures 4TH-Round Spot Following Win Over Nuno Borges

international media news
January 18, 2025 109 Views0

Spanish sensation Carlos Alcaraz continued his mission for a ‘Career Grand Slam’ as he advanced to the fourth round of the competition with a win over Nuno Borges on Friday, the ATP website reported.
Alcaraz, chasing his maiden Australian Open title and his fifth Grand Slam title, dropped his first set of the tournament but still secured a win by 6-2, 6-4, 6-7(3), 6-2.

After moving to the fourth round of the Australian Open for the second time in four appearances, Alcaraz aims to become the youngest-ever player to complete a Career Grand Slam at the age of 21. A break in the opening game set the tone for Borges, and Alcaraz dominated the serve from the start. He lost just six points on serve during the first two sets and converted nine of his first 11 net points.

Borges continued to put up a brave fight, and in the third set, it went to a tiebreak. During that, Borges was the aggressor against an inconsistent Alcaraz and forced the match into a fourth set. However, the final set was an easy one for Alcaraz, losing just one point on serve as he cruised to victory.

Speaking after the match, as quoted by the ATP official website, he said, “I missed Rod Laver (Rod Laver Arena). I am just really, really happy to be able to play here once again. I tried to show my best tennis here. For me, it has been a pleasure every time that I step on this court… The last time that I played here, I lost [to Alexander Zverev in the 2024 quarter-finals], so I really wanted to play here and get another win here in Rod Laver.”

“I am just happy to see a full crowd here watching my matches. It is just a privilege to feel this love here in Australia, on the other side of the world. I am trying to play different tennis, some different kinds of shots. That is what makes me enjoy playing tennis, what makes me smile on the court, and helps me to show really good tennis — and try to entertain the people as well, making them happy,” he added.

After suffering his second head-to-head loss to Alcaraz, Borges could not reach the fourth round of the Australian Open after securing a fourth-round finish last year.

Alcaraz’s next challenge in the fourth round will be either Jack Draper or Aleksandar Vukic, and after that, he could face Serbian tennis icon Novak Djokovic in the quarterfinals. While Alcaraz can surpass Zverev to reach the second spot, neither Alcaraz nor Zverev stands a chance to dislodge number one Jannik Sinner.

Share:

Previous Post

Missed Watching Coldplay Concert In India? Band’s Ahmedabad Show To Be Live-Streamed On This OTT Platform

Next Post

Israel-Hamas Ceasefire: Netanyahu Says Deal To Release Hostages Held In Gaza Has Been Reached

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles
  • ‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”
  • Kerala’s new CM Satheesan unveils welfare bonanza in first cabinet meeting; free bus travel for women, ₹3,000 hike for ASHA workers and more
  • Global crude oil prices rally up to 3% as US-Iran tensions escalate
  • Iran proposes new 14-point peace proposal to US via Pakistan to end war

Latest News

Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles

international media news
May 19, 2026

 Following multiple hurdles and unexpected delays, Karuppu was finally released on May 15. The film

‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”

international media news
May 19, 2026

Kerala’s new CM Satheesan unveils welfare bonanza in first cabinet meeting; free bus travel for women, ₹3,000 hike for ASHA workers and more

international media news
May 19, 2026

Global crude oil prices rally up to 3% as US-Iran tensions escalate

international media news
May 19, 2026

Latest News

Karuppu box office collection day 2: Suriya film sees 51% jump, crosses Rs 66 crore worldwide despite release hurdles

international media news
May 19, 2026

‘Clock is ticking’: Trump warns Iran to move fast or “there won’t be anything left of them”

international media news
May 19, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News