Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Entertainment>>Aamir Khan’s First Reaction On Laapataa Ladies Being Selected For Oscars 2025: ‘I Am So Proud Of Kiran..’
Entertainment

Aamir Khan’s First Reaction On Laapataa Ladies Being Selected For Oscars 2025: ‘I Am So Proud Of Kiran..’

international media news
September 25, 2024 129 Views0

Aamir Khan turned producer for Kiran Rao’s directorial ‘Laapataa Ladies’, which has now been selected to be India’s official submission to Oscars 2025. The movie stars Nitanshi Goel, Pratibha Ranta, and Sparsh Shrivastava in the lead roles with Chhaya Kadam and Ravi Kishan seen in pivotal roles. Know how Aamir Khan reacted to this news. 

The actor-producer said in a statement, “We are all so happy with the news. I am so proud of Kiran and her entire team. I would like to thank the selection committee of the Film Federation of India, which chose our film to represent India at the Oscars. My heartfelt gratitude to our audience, our media, and the entire film fraternity, for all the love and support they have given Laapata Ladies. Thanks to both Jio and Netflix who have been great partners to work with. I am so happy that all our hard-work has paid off. Thank you everyone. Here’s hoping that Laapata Ladies is able to win the hearts of the members of the Academy. Love, a.”

While speaking to News24 in an exclusive chat, Pratibha Ranta, who played the role of Jaya in the movie, expressed her joy at ‘Laapataa Ladies’ India’s official entry for Oscars 2025. 

She said, “I still can’t process this news. I was busy reading, when my phone started ringing, and it has not stopped since then. When I picked it up to see what has happened, I was shocked. It is unbelievable for me. I don’t have words to express what I am feeling right now.”

Talking about her family’s reaction, she said, “Everyone from my family as well as the Laapataa Ladies team has been calling and texting me. That’s why my phone has been so busy. One thing I know is the celebrations have just begun and it won’t stop anytime soon. And that’s what I want. I want people to keep celebrating this film.” 

‘Laapataa Ladies’ performed well at the box office and also became popular on the OTT platform. 

Share:

Previous Post

Will Anura Dissanayake’s Presidency Be Game-Changer For Southeast Asia’s Geopolitical Balance Amid Chinese Influence?

Next Post

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Pat Cummins Sets Sights On Silencing ‘Gamechanger’ Rishabh Pant

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News