Skip to content
Sunday, May 24
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

International Media News

  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
  • Home
  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Editors choice
  • Gallery
    • Image
    • Video-gallery
Home>>Trending News>>Ready To Stand Our Ground To Protect Integrity Of ‘Emergency’: Kangana Ranaut On Cuts Suggested By CBFC
Trending News

Ready To Stand Our Ground To Protect Integrity Of ‘Emergency’: Kangana Ranaut On Cuts Suggested By CBFC

international media news
September 30, 2024 84 Views0

Actor-filmmaker Kangana Ranaut  said she has received requests from the censor board for cuts in her directorial “Emergency” but the suggestions “seem quite unreasonable” and her team is ready to stand its ground.

 

In a statement following reports in a section of the media that the Central Board for Film Certification (CBFC) has asked for 13 cuts in the film, Ranaut said the team is “resolute in maintaining the film’s authenticity”.

 
 

The actor and BJP MP has directed, co-produced and acted in the film, playing the lead role of the late Indira Gandhi. She has earlier accused the censor board of stalling certification to delay the release of the film. It was earlier supposed to release on September 6.

Several media reports said the censor board’s revising committee ordered 13 cuts to the film and issued it a U/A certificate. These reportedly include adding a disclaimer, deleting some dialogues and scenes and providing facts to back historical references in the film.

“We’ve received requests for cuts, but while feedback is always welcome, some of the suggestions seem quite unreasonable… On the brighter side, most historians and members of the review committee who’ve seen it have praised it as the most faithful depiction of a leader,” Ranaut said.

 

“They’ve especially appreciated our unwavering commitment to the truth, without compromising even the smallest detail. Their endorsement is encouraging, affirming that we’ve honored the story as it deserves. Nevertheless, we are ready to stand our ground and protect the film’s integrity, ensuring its essence remains intact,” she added.

“Emergency” has been caught in a controversy after Sikh organisations, including the Shiromani Akali Dal, objected to its release, accusing it of misrepresenting the community and getting historical facts wrong.

The movie’s co-producer Zee Entertainment Enterprises has moved the Bombay High Court seeking a direction to the CBFC to issue a certificate for the film.

On Thursday, the CBFC told the Bombay High Court that a certificate would be issued to the film if certain cuts are made, as recommended by its revising committee. “The committee has suggested some cuts before certificate can be issued and the movie can be released,” said CBFC counsel Abhinav Chandrachud.

The film’s team sought time to make a decision on whether they would go ahead with the cuts or not. The bench has posted the matter for further hearing on September 30.

Last week, Zee Entertainment alleged the certificate was being withheld due to political reasons and due to the upcoming elections in Haryana.

Share:

Previous Post

Pakistan Staring At Bankruptcy Like Situation? Country’s Financial Conditions May Turn Worst: Report

Next Post

Twin Bomb Blasts In Somalia Kill Six, Injure 10

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent News

  • Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad
  • Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’
  • US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report
  • Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…
  • RBI’s dividend to Govt expected to surpass earlier record of Rs 2.7 lakh crore

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

The funeral of Hamza Burhan, one of the alleged masterminds behind the 2019 Pulwama attack, drew a g

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

US depleted half of Pentagon’s missile interceptors defending Israel: Report

international media news
May 24, 2026

Abhishek Sharma scripts IPL history vs RCB, becomes second player in the world to…

international media news
May 24, 2026

Latest News

Top terror chiefs attend funeral of Pulwama attack mastermind, Hamza Burhan, in Islamabad

international media news
May 24, 2026

Michael Jackson’s 2005 trial revisited in Netflix docuseries ‘Michael Jackson: The Verdict’

international media news
May 24, 2026

Popular Categories

  • India
  • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

Quick Links

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with us
  • Login
  • Add Post
  • Account
  • Dashboard
All Rights Reserved © International Media News | Website By - Hurl Technologies Pvt. Ltd. | WordPress Theme Ultra News